Job: Junior IT Engineer
|Active since||27-03-2017||Job category||IT - Services & support|
|Educational level||Vocational / Diploma / As...||Employment type||Fixed term contract with option...|
|Hours||40 - 0||Salary||-|
Uniface is a Dutch global software company based in Amsterdam. Its Uniface product is the most productive, reliable and scalable development tool in the industry, providing evolutionary support for the latest technologies, including mobile, web and cloud. Organizations worldwide choose Uniface for mission-critical applications, enabling them to develop at a high level of abstraction and to realize unrivalled productivity. Read more at www.uniface.com
To strengthen our team we are looking for a Junior IT Engineer.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an IT engineer with approximately 2 to 5 years of experience, to join the Uniface IT-team. As member of this team you will work within an international operation in 14 countries. You will provide infrastructure, systems, applications and database administration for the organization. You will eventually take ownership of these mission critical services and deliver the service levels agreed and required for Uniface to operate effectively. You will have a balanced mix of capabilities enabling you to adopt, implement and contribute to standards and be able to create robust technical solutions and efficient working practices.
What are you going to do?
From day one you will be a full operational member of the IT-team, join in daily operations and start take ownership for tasks assigned. You will work on a wide range of products and technologies. You will introduce these technologies and products to the organization, as well as support them. You will be stimulated to grow your skills and where needed training facilities will be provided.
With your IT-team you will share the responsibilities to:
• Support installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux and Windows
• Support of these operating systems and features, including NFS and Samba
• Support MS Windows & Active directory systems administration
• Support Office 360 (including SharePoint) services
• Support world-wide Uniface network and data sharing services
• Support business continuity services like backup, archiving and replication
• Support network and data security services
• Support managed host solutions
• Support ESX server park
• Support installation and instance creation of relational database management systems
• Support world-wide employee base for all IT related issues
• Deliver required machine/software configurations to the organization
• Inventory management, administration of support contracts and licensing
• Hardware platform maintenance renewal.
Skills / Competencies:
• Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory
• Experience with Linux Operating Systems and shell scripting
• Experience with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and WINS
• A minimum of 2 years of IT experience
Additional preferred skills / Competencies:
• Knowledge of VMware ESX virtualisation
• Knowledge of NFS and Samba
• Knowledge of Sun Solaris
• Knowledge of HP-UX and AIX Operating Systems
• Knowledge of Perl and Shell scripting
• Knowledge of Dell EqualLogic SAN and/or Network Appliance Hardware and Software
• Knowledge of UNIX virtualisation technologies (esp. Solaris containers).
Primary all round skills:
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English
• Technology-minded hobbyist and eager to learn new skills
• Motivated team worker
• Agile, flexibility to work with changing priorities and working times
What can we offer you?
A great international team, with highly-technical expertise, where your input and ideas will be crucial for the continued successful use of Uniface. Besides offering an innovative and challenging work environment where it is fun to work, Uniface offers good financial compensation and a comprehensive benefit package.
Our location is terrific; the train/bus station is about 5 minutes’ walk away, we have our own parking spaces and our own (free of charge) in-house gym. The company's ongoing success depends on our employees, a diverse team of people with a key set of common attributes. We seek positive, assertive team players who have a strong desire to succeed in a technically demanding, team- and customer-oriented environment.
We would like to hear from you so please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter and completing our on-line application form.
For additional information, you can get in touch with our corporate recruiter Andrea Chatterson, (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Candidates are already in possession of a work permit that allows them to work in the Netherlands, if applicable.
IT - Services & support
|Industry / Industries||
|Keywords||Support installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux and Windows|